Friday, March 26, 2010

Think Pink



Today I woke up not feeling so hot - sore throat, queasy, tired as all getout.  I knew this was coming.  My normal rise time is 6 or 6:16am, but it was impossible to get up before 6:45 every day this week.  Yesterday my throat was feeling scratchy, and I did nearly everything I could to to keep it at bay.

To be honest, I probably could have had less wine last night, but there was a virtual merlot tasting going on so a friend and I spent some quality drinking time at a local wine warehouse yesterday to do our part.  We got through 11 of the 20 merlots offered, and I found one I couldn't live without.  Twenty-two ounces of wine later, I was probably not in the best position to fight off a bug.  My mistake.

I was woken in the middle of the night by my sore throat, and all that other stuff that goes along with having that extra glass or two of wine.  Bad Monica.

When I finally was able to pull it together to make myself coffee, I still wasn't up for breakfast.  Or a shower.  Or dressing up.  I decided to skip breakfast in hopes that my stomach will eventually settle enough for me to enjoy it, and begrudgingly shuffled to she shower.  

My first choice for attire today was sweats and slippers, but I had to get to the office regardless of my condition.  Jeans and a sweater would have been an ideal consolation prize, but because I interface with clients every day, that's not an option either.  The solution?  A comfortable bright shirt and my most casual pair of slacks.  The blazer and the heels make me look like an adult rather than a high school student.  Overall, I think it's a winner.  I'm still very comfortable, but not sloppy-looking.

Today's playlist pulls songs from the following artists:
Toad the Wet Sproket
Collective Soul
Hootie and the Blowfish

No comments: