Monday, March 22, 2010

A Girl and Her Shoes


Over the weekend Abby and I had a DBC Quilts booth at the Fremont Sunday Market.  Because it was our first time participating in an outdoor market of any kind, it took all of Saturday to prepare, including a late-afternoon trip up to Sports Authority to secure a set of walls for our pop-up canopy.  Our booth looked great, even if our sales on Sunday weren't.  More on that later.  

What I want to talk about is the side trip that led to a fashion find that brought joy to my wardrobe.  Sports Authority is in the same complex as Ross and Target, so our intention was to take a little side excursion to these other fine establishments as well to check out any possibilities for display gadgets.  I ended up with no sales gadgets but two pairs of fabulous shoes.

Now there are some people who buy something, hang it in their closet, and then pull the tags off a month later when they decide to wear it.  Not me.  If I purchase something, I have to wear it as soon as possible.  Part of it is due to my chronic (and sometimes debilitating) case of impatience.  Another reason is I decided about a year or two ago to only buy things I truly love.  This makes the morning after a purchase like Christmas to me; I can't wait to get dressed for work.

This morning was no exception.  I found some purple platform pumps (say that five times fast!) at Ross on Saturday that I simply couldn't live with out, so this morning I coordinated some basics around my footwear to really showcase how fantastic they are.  I wish I had a picture of the real thing, but as usual, I'm just able to give you the fashion equivalent of my ensemble.  The actual pair of shoes is closed-toed and has a more conservative embellishment, but they are purple snakeskin platform stilettos.  How could I say no??  I'm having a wonderful time prancing around today.  It also doesn't hurt that these shoes make me about almost six feet tall.  Yep.

No comments: