Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gray Doesn't Have to be Boring

sources: top, skirt, pearls, pin, shoes

It's back to the solemn grays and pearls for me today, not because I am feeling particularly sobered by the rain, but because I've been wanting to take this top out for a stroll for a while now and today's my chance.  Sure it's gray, but the flirty little gauzy rose pin takes it up a notch from basic to fabulous.  And, I'm office appropriate.  Score.

I arrived at my office this morning to find a bottle of pinot noir on my desk with a thank-you note for the extensive help I provided as consultant and food stylist for a design event we hosted Tuesday night.  Looks like my years of hostessing many wine events have begun to come back around to benefit me!

Hostessing is one of my favorite ways to socialize.  I love feeding my friends.  I love laughing together until way too late in the night, and drinking far too much wine in the process.  I also love that it forces me to clean my apartment all at once.

If I can manage to prepare everything I need to before my guests arrive, I love dressing up for the event.  However, in typical Monica fashion, I usually opt for jeans last minute because I'm still cooking or moving something.  Seattle's a casual city, right?

No comments: