Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baby Quilt Progress


You know how some quilts are sort of lack-luster up close, so you really have to stand back to see how beautiful it actually is?


Well, this baby quilt is the exact opposite.  It's beautiful in vignettes, but as a whole, it sort of loses something.  I love all the fabrics - the colors, the patterns, the variation, the playfulness, and then I step back and....


Whaa-whaaaaaaa. (that's the Debbie Downer sound effect for those who are wondering)
Luckily baby quilts move quickly, so I can finish this, fold it up, and ship it off to the expectant mother.  I'm not saying which one, in case I change my mind about who gets which quilt.  There are quite a few ladies in my life with little ones on the way.  I guess I'm getting to that age...


I was on a roll last night, so after I finished the top, I decided I'd just go ahead and sandwich and pin it.  I took a cue from Patricia over at okan arts, and pinned the heck out of it.  I actually ran out of pins before I finished, so I decided to just take it to a point where I could pull it off the floor.  As I've mentioned before my apartment is quite small and floor space is at a premium.  I'm going to have to pick up a box of pins on my way home, I think.  I can't wait to test out my new sewing machine needle.

No comments: