Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Costume Change

This morning I woke up and was feeling a little sassy, so I pulled out a dress I usually wear in the fall with opaque tights and boots.  Since it's spring I decided to just wear it bare-legged with some fun peeptoe ruffled pumps.  Fun, right?


I knew I was leggy, but didn't realize how short my dress was until I got to work and saw my boss's eyebrow raise.  But it was too late; I was already at work and there was nothing I could do about it.  It just so happened that this morning we had a ton of clients and consultants coming to the office.  I played it cool for the morning, but secretly I was so uncomfortable.  "Hi, I'm Monica - welcome to our office.  I'll be your go-go dancer today."  Ok it wasn't that bad, but it just didn't feel right.

So at lunch I ran home and changed into something a little more appropriate.  Whew.

sources: dress, shoes, earrings

Nothing like a belted black sheath dress and a pair purple snakeskin pumps to make me feel like myself again.

No comments: