Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fashion Update: Casual Cognac and Navy


I noticed recently that many of the shoes I've acquired this year have been a cognac color.  Shoes I'd normally stroll right by have grabbed my attention in cognac.  It's such a warm casual look - lived in, natural, and comfortable.  I love it.  In fact, the dress I wore today was purchased specifically to work with my collection of warm leather boots and pumps. 

On another note, now that the weather seems to have turned, I'm feeling the urge for classic fall activities;  this morning I baked apple bread with cinnamon and nutmeg.  Once I get a free moment, I'd love to start quilting again.  Now that I have a new laptop (a generous gift from my loving fiance), the dinosaur of a cpu that used to take up over half of my desk can be put into storage and I will have a permanent place to set up my sewing machine.  Maybe I'll brew some pumpkin ale or hard cider this year.  I've been meaning to try that for ages.

No comments: