Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm Dressed Like a 1950s Housewife


Today was one of those days where I grab the first thing in my closet, throw it on, and run out the door. 

I've been wearing the same go-with-everything silver earrings and pendant for several weeks, now because I don't want to have to think about it, and they remind me of my trip to Cape Cod this summer. 

I have several black dresses I wear to work, and they are great for days like this because they go with everything.  I usually try to stay away from black daywear during summer, but this little number is sleeveless and lightweight, so I consider it a cross-over piece. 

The pumps I've chosen added a little bit of sassiness to whole ensemble.  I decided to complete it all by wearing make-up (something I usually abandon during the summer) and a berry colored lipstick.  I'm feeling very feminine today.

1 comment:

kate @ undeniable style said...

i'm wearing berry lipstick today, too! MAC "rebel" haha.