Monday, December 14, 2009

I survived H1N1 and all I got was this fantastic quilt.


For those of you who don't know, I was quarantined at home Thursday afternoon through the weekend recovering from swine flu (or so my doc says). I had gone in to see my doctor to make sure I didn't have pneumonia - my lungs were feeling soupy - and she hit me with a swine flu diagnosis instead! Can you believe it?? Honestly, it was the easiest flu experience I've ever had, but that's not to say it was pleasant. I had chills, aches, fever, and a raging sore throat last weekend, and wasn't able to fully shake the bug all week. It was nasty. So I stayed home.

I couldn't go anywhere and didn't really feel like asking any of my friends to take a gamble on their health and visit me, so I decided to watch movies and make a quilt, just to see how far I could get. I did damn well! I'm about half done with the hand quilting and then I just have to add the binding, and voila! It's a Christmas gift for Andrew's sister.

Hope she doesn't mind I coughed all over it.... just kidding. ;)

No comments: