Monday, January 18, 2010

tying up loose ends



Saturday morning I woke up at 7am, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and itching to sew something.  I had a million different new quilt designs in my head, but decided to go a new direction - finish something I've already started.  This quilt is one I've been working of for about three years.  I finished the top fairly quickly, then sandwiched and quilted it, but didn't like the way my stitches looked.  My intention has been to quilt it over top of the unsavory stitches and then pull them out once I have the good ones in place.

Let's face it, Monica - that ain't never gonna happen.  I've had the binding ready for years and decided that it was time to just finish the dang thing and love it for what it is, bad quilting job and all.  Plus, from a distance it actually looks really great.  This is just a section of it.  The finished product is really quite large - big enough for a generous queen size.  I plan to have it done this week.  So far I'm on track.

My personal goal is to finish two projects before starting a new one.  I've got my work cut out for me.

1 comment:

Ani said...

i love this. a lot. absolutely beautiful and, of course, i cannot tell a bad quilting job from a kangaroo so it looks amazing to me!