Tuesday, January 26, 2010

kicking off the new year!



 
Andrew and I decided to kick off the new year with a weekend getaway to Suncadia, just a 90 minute drive from Seattle, right on the other side of Snoqualmie Pass.  The price and the timing were right, and I couldn't be more excited.  Winter always gets me fantasizing about a snowy wonderland, complete with a rustic lodge and winter fun.  This place was beautiful and included everything I wanted.

 
When we arrived, the room wasn't yet ready, so we decided to cool our jets at the bar in the lobby of the lodge.  I was feeling a little on edge, and Andrew and I were annoying each other, so cocktails seemed like the right choice to round the corners and take the tension down a notch.  Andrew discovered the "Suncadia Snuggler," which was chai tea (his fave) and Bailey's.  I'm not gonna lie - I tried it and it was waaaay better than my gin and tonic.

 
When we got to our room, we got the fireplace going and enjoyed being on vacation.  It was everything I wanted it to be.

 
The view from our room was spectacular, and these photos don't do it justice.

 
The next morning we slept in, had a late breakfast, and went to the recreation center to rent showshoes. We spent the next couple hours hiking around on the snow-covered golf course.

 
 We climbed hills... made friends...

 
 ...and then retired to our room for games and wine.  It was a perfect day.

  
After dinner, I decided I wanted to ice skate.  We probably lasted 30 minutes before we called it a night.

 
The final morning there, before check-out, we got up early and worked out, went in the hot tub, and got a delicious breakfast of granola and yogurt before cruising back home.  It. Was. Exactly. What. I. Wanted.

No comments: