Monday, February 1, 2010

and now for something entirely different

My original intent for this blog was to chronicle the crafty things I do.  I quilt a heck of a lot and I'm big into redoing furniture.  However, I'm really bad at taking pictures of things in stages as I do them.  I'm trying to get better.  Here's my first attempt:

 

 This is the first night of progress on my new quilt top (I finished that other one yesterday, so I feel I've earned the opportunity to start something new).  I have a lot of Asian prints in my stash, and they seemed the perfect backdrop for a cheerful chevron quilt.  As you can see, I've barely begun.

 

My intent was to really get a mix of fabrics that contrasted, but also worked together.  I wanted plenty of darks, lights, brights, neutrals, prints, and solids.  Beyond that, I'm winging it.  As always.


Stay tuned for an update on my progress!

No comments: