Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Sewing: Pennant Flags


I am apparently a crazy person.  For some reason I thought it would be no big deal to make a bajillion pennant flags (double sided) for a new quilt, which I started on Saturday.  The base of the quilt was easy enough and took me a reasonable amount of time, but now I'm dealing with my brilliant idea of having strings of 1.5" x 2" flags all over the quilt.

In a fleeting moment of sanity I made the wise decision to use fusible to sandwich two pieces of fabric together, so there will be no clipping and inverting of these flags - they're finished with an unfinished edge.

It looks great, but now I have to figure out the best way to attach them all.  I have a feeling this will be extremely tedious, no matter what route I take.  I'll show you a picture of the finished product once I give it to the person for whom it is intended.

No comments: